Times' Only Moment Times' Only Moment

Great!

I love the way the guitar modulates throughout the song! Interesting arpeggio pattern too. Really beautiful piece.

gamejunkie responds:

Thank you very much. Glad you liked it. Your kind words are much appreciated.

Cheers gamejunkie.

Alternate Dimensions ~FNG~ Alternate Dimensions ~FNG~

AWE YEAH

Good stuff here! I really love the rolling bassline sound ^^

I liked the energy throughout the track and thought it moved on from phrase to phrase nicely.

Fav'd!

Omnivore responds:

After Dark (Original Mix) After Dark (Original Mix)

Haven't listened to hardcore/hardstyle in a while

But this was groovin!

Then that piano came in :D
Good energy in the track! You know how to write some good melodies, and 2.36 was great!

Mayonaka (Original Mix) Mayonaka (Original Mix)

Pumping sound!

I really like the feeling around 2:08!

Very chill and pumpin' this time around. The only thing I think I would change would be one of the earlier synths that come in, it's like a high-passed saw or something...I think it cuts through the mix too much, but still gives the song character on the high-end because of all the lower stuff. At like 3:46 there's a lot of delay stuff going on and it meshes into this nice layer of chords, I like it :D

Overall 8/10, I think I still like Swiss Miss more. Cheers!

reason4 responds:

Yeah, I'm certainly more proud of my other composition. I'd like to find a nice line between the both of them. I'm still trying to develop my own style. Right now I'm a little biased, because I love Dinka so much ahhaha.

Swiss Miss Swiss Miss

Glad you're back!

Good intro, not too complicated and overdone (I do that sometimes :D)

Intro synth is good, then the pulsing filtered synth really brings the rhythm together for me.
Then this harsh-but-blurry synth comes in and totally makes it! I'm definitely popping this one on my ipod dude!
...
I didn't even notice 3 minutes has gone by :O

This is some good stuff, I can't really make any suggestions. But what I really like about some house tracks is the lush bouncing pad or side-chained bass. But keep your style with music! You do way better in Reason than I can haha.

9/10 dude!

reason4 responds:

i'm still experimenting with house stuff. Trying to learn the standard techniques they use for sound and such. Dinka is a HUGE influence right now, I hope I'm not ripping off her style haha.

Visionary [Original Mix] Visionary [Original Mix]

This is well done.

Great atmosphere, I really enjoy the buildup. You sir/madam know what you're doing with trance, and know what trance is :)

Definitely a good sounding mix, I wish I could EQ like that., Overall it's 5/5 and 10/10 from me.

I haven't finished the song yet, and you have been fav'd.

Windswept (Original Mix) Windswept (Original Mix)

Getting better :)

You're improving with each song :)
The intro is really what made it feel like a trance song from the beginning, although your lowpass filter(I'm assuming that is what you used for your whooshing/transition sound for the intro) was a little too resonant for me when it got to the higher frequencies, but to each his own right, I like your style so far and it's looking good :)

the 9/10 is just cause I felt a different synth could have been used for the melody, but overall I liked it.

reason4 responds:

I'm glad to hear that, as that is what I am aiming for (for each song to be better than the last). Others said the same thing about the lead synth. I personally don't loathe it. Since I created and adapted it, it fits into what I originally had in mind. But I'll keep in mind next time to keep tweaking until i hit that sweet spot and everything sounds like it was made for eachother! haha

Thanks for the review!

Praxis (Original Mix) Praxis (Original Mix)

I like.

When that pad comes in it just changes the entire feeling of the peice, I enjoy the bass arpeggios in the song, and while at the beginning of the song the hats or whatever percussion you use sounds a tad bit too loud, it balances itself out as the track goes on. When the track finally calms down around 2:20, I liked your chord progression, I also like to believe in individuality and am always irked by those 2 or 3 chord progressions that nearly everyone has used. All synths you have used in this piece had originality in them too, just the way they were used(in writing or in their sequence in the song) helped move the song along at a nice pace. Good composition and intro/outro, this song has its own unique pulsing quality to it, one thing I think may have given this song more energy(not that it needs it, but to each his own opinion right?) would have been a 'sidechain' type of sound for the bass and the kick, and also, turning that kick up a bit more, or mastering it to give it more umph! would sound great too. Overall I think this is a solid piece and I like it :)

reason4 responds:

Thank you for your very detailed critique! I do believe there is a lot of fine tuning that I could still do to this. I still have a lot of learning when it comes to creating specific trance type effects; I'm very new to side-chain compression. I've tried to turn the kick up once before. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Must be an EQ thing. Maybe I'll come back to this once I've learned to properly master things. I plan to do a bit of studying on that whole topic before I start working on my next work. Thanks for the review!

Ecstasy Ecstasy

Interesting...

Hah, the intro almost like startled me haha, umm, songs with proper intros help ease people into the mood or feeling of energy you are trying to achieve in a song, and it's always good to build up, make things change, that is what keeps people interested, I also think in the beggining our hats may have been a little loud, so try mastering? otherthan that, you have good bass and a kick which I liked. BUT! one last thing, in the last bar of your chorus melody at....1:58, before it changes to the square wave, your bass/arpeggio behind the main beat sounds dissonant, or at least too loud, and it sounds different from that same bar in another part of your song, like 3:15....overall, it's a good song, rated 4/5

Happy People Lied Happy People Lied

Awesome!

I like your composition! the melody and chords are cool throughout the song, but the drum track just seems.....like it is just a wittle itty bitty bit out of place, but it still works with the song, I like it overall ^^

Keep submitting good stuff!

Oknavi responds:

thank you! Now that I learned how to master I could definatley make the drums sound better, especially snare, so I get what you mean. =) Glad you liked it